Self Reflective Writing on my Medical Student Career

Self reflective writing on my medical student career 



Hello everyone!

I am Cherukupalli Lasyapriya of 2018 batch and I am currently posted in the department of General Medicine. Here I share my experience of being a medical student and transitioning into internship.

Becoming an intern doctor marks a significant shift from my days as a medical student. The once-familiar classrooms have given way to the busy environment of a hospital, and the transition has been both challenging and enlightening.

As a student, textbooks and classrooms were my world; now, the hospital is where my education truly takes shape. The theoretical knowledge I gained is now applied to real-life situations, as I actively participate in patient care. Working in the department of general medicine is my first taste of being a physician.

Interacting with patients has taught me the importance of empathy. Whether consoling a distressed family or celebrating a patient's recovery, each experience reinforces the human connection that drew me to medicine. Being part of a team involved in making decisions that impact lives is a humbling responsibility, a constant reminder of the rigorous preparation and study that brought me here.

Transitioning from a medical student to an intern has not only advanced my professional journey but has also taught me the significance of teamwork and collaboration in healthcare. In the hospital setting, effective communication and working with colleagues are vital. I've learned to contribute to a team, share insights, and seek guidance when needed. The development of rapport with fellow interns and the guidance from experienced mentors have been crucial. Navigating the dynamics of a medical team has enhanced both patient care and my overall professional development. Interacting with colleagues has become a fundamental part of my daily routine, fostering a collaborative spirit essential for delivering comprehensive and effective healthcare.

This journey is not without its challenges. Long hours, emotional strain, and the need to balance multiple tasks test my resilience. Yet, I've discovered newfound strength, supported by fellow interns, mentors, and my family.

Reflecting on this transition, I feel gratitude for the learning opportunities, the challenges that shaped my character, and the chance to contribute to medicine. This shift is more than a career progression; it's a profound transformation, molding me into a compassionate, knowledgeable, and resilient professional. While the path ahead is daunting, each step brings me closer to the doctor I aspire to be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My experiences with general cellular and neural cellular pathology in a case based blended learning ecosystem's CBBLE

A 77 year old male with Splenomegaly

A 60F with Megaloblastic Anemia